Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica macro work (FAQ?)
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 12:07:46 EDT

My "M" macro outfit consists of a Visoflex II and several OUFRO extension
tubes, which I use with 35,50,90 and 135 current-version lenses.  The 90
Elmarit is an especially nice macro performer, as is the current 50
Elmar.  The new TTL M6 should work well with a dedicated module and a TTL
ringlight or double-flash macro bracket.  One would need to use the
upright Otxvo 5x finder for the VIsoflex, to gain access to the hot shoe
for the TTL connection.

Regards,
NIgel

On Thu, 22 Oct 1998 10:09:26 -0400 (EDT) dmm@bronze.lcs.mit.edu (Andrew
M. Moore) writes:

>I'd like to experiment with some macro photography (rocks & minerals,
>specifically), but I've never done this with a Leica system before.  I
>have an M6 and IIIf body available.  I'll be working mostly in B&W,
>but
>possibly some color negative as well.
>
>What should I be considering in the way of lenses and other
>attachments to do this sort of work?  Lighting tips would be useful,
>too.  I've seen some excellent macro work done with the Hektor 135mm,
>which I'm keeping an eye out for, but I assume I need other
>attachments as well.
>
>Andrew

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]