Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG archives in .zip format (reminder)
From: pieter@world.std.com (Pieter Bras)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 18:16:28 -0400

Michael Bell wrote:
>Thanks so much for going to the trouble to put those together.  I have
>added them to the Leica Answers web site:
>http://teachnet.edb.utexas.edu/~leica

Thanks to Michael for finding a "free" server to host these files.  I
couldn't justify the extra expense for 20MB of online storage at my ISP.

Please note that the ZIP'ed files have the Unix new-line convention:  a
line-feed character only.  This might possibly create problems for those
with MSDOS/Windoz systems (which use a carriage-return followed by a
line-feed) or Mac systems (carriage-return only).  The solution to any
such difficulties is to tell the unzip program to "auto-format" the
files when extracting them.  InfoZip's "unzip" program uses the "-a"
switch to auto-format.

Now that sep-97 through may-98 are available from Michael's server, I've
temporarily put the mar-96 through aug-97 files back up at:
ftp://ftp.std.com/pub/pieter

- --
Pieter Bras