Subject: Re: [Leica] Another Puzzling Dilemma
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 18:03:37 -0700

Jeremy,
Lucian's caution regarding cloudiness is well taken. Mine was quite milky
inside, and the problem is not seen by simply looking thorugh the lens. You
will see it all too clearly by shining a penlight through the lens at an
angle. It apparently has to do with the lubricants used at the time.
Cleaning fixes it. Also note that the Summaron does not bring up the 35mm
viewing lines in an M6. I don't know about other models.
Happy shooting.
Joe Stephenson