Subject: Re: [Leica] diluting XTOL
From: "Michael D. Turner" <mike@lcl-imaging.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 17:39:02 -0700

Joe-
Tmax has a prehardened emulsion and can be easily processed at high temps--I've
done TMX at 100F with no problem. The biggest problem with elevated
temperatures is short times, which can lead to streaking, etc. Developing times
should always be determined by experiment, since they can vary considerably
with agitation and other personal factors.

If you use Tri-X or any of the other older emulsion types, I wouldn't go much
above 80, and make sure all other solutions are within a few degrees of the
same.
- -Mike