Subject: Re: [Leica] diluting XTOL
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 22:14:36 -0500

>>I read an article - I've forgotten where now - recommending developing TMax
>>at really high temperatures -over 100 degrees, so I knew it wouldn't cause
>>problems.  Modern films are pretty durable.  They don't need hardeners and

Tina,

I've been told by Kodak people that TMax 100 and 400 should not be
processed higher than about 80 or 85. It's P3200 that is designed to be
processed at 100 degrees specifically so that it can be run in processors
that also do C-41 and E6. And because it's so much faster at the higher
temperatures. I'd have a hard time running TMax 400 pulled a stop and still
have long enough development times at anything over 75 degrees anyway.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch