Subject: Re: [Leica] M6TTL and M7 Clues
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 05:55:14 -0800

Eric Welch wrote:

> >And modern digital circuits take less space than analog circuits.  So
> >what is that extra 2mm all about? ;-)
>
> The future? Something has occurred to me, maybe I'm a bit slow or
> something, but heck. All this abuse of the M6TTL is getting could be more
> disappointment than anything else. All the frenzy for several months before
> the M6TTL was introduced was filled with speculations about the new M
> camera coming, with all these great new whiz-bang features. And then look
> what we get. Leica made no promises. But a lot of folks seem to be reacting
> like a blind date gone bad.
>
> I too was a bit disappointed, but not to the point of proclaiming Leica
> incompetent, about to go under or taken over by Ricoh or somebody (joking
> folks!).
> --
>
> Eric Welch

Yes, I think that 2mm is for the future.  The M6TTL seems to me a very
small evolutionary step.  I'm not dissapointed, I think for someone
buying a new M6 its as good a value as the older M6.

Erwin Puts first pointed out the fact that the viewfinder window is also
taller on the M6TTL.  For 'looks' or for something coming in the future?

I too think Leica is alive and well and I think this M6TTL will sell as
well as the old M6.

Well, off to work!

Dennis