Subject: [Leica] Re: Airport X-RAY report
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 15:03:53 -700

On 26 Oct 98, N. B. Watson wrote, at least in part:

<snip>

> BTW I think Galen would take
> umbrage with the probably unintentionally condescending statement "even
> though he uses Nikon gear he takes terrific pictures".

Oh come on, Nigel, Kevin had his tongue planted firmly in cheek
with that one. His post was *very* supportive of Galen. Besides,
it cracked me up visualizing the athletic Galen leaping onto the
belt then being stood up against the wall, at gunpoint, no less.

BTW & FWIW, a year plus ago there was a lot of talk on the
rec.photo groups re: cases. There was not one, but a number of
posts allowing as how the Photoflex cases, though feature laden,
were literally coming apart in the stitching after a short period of
use. Never used a Photoflex case, however, so it's just me
passing along hearsay. Love my Fogg Celia for the M kit, though.

Sort of a p.s. - Bet if true, it was a case of degradation due to Uv
in the sunlight. The wrong thread in that service could do exactly
that. The good thing is that the fix is easy. Change the thread to
one that is impervious to Uv!
- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org