Subject: Re: [Leica] Questions about buying an M6
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 21:43:57 -0700

Jeff,
My ideas. I use an M6 and an M3, so I have a sense of the difference in
magnification, but I know the M3 isn't exactly the same as the .85.
1 Taste. I like the M6 better for most things, especially moving things
because the wider field of view makes it easier to follow and frame action.
It's also helpful to visualize where best to put the frame-lines.
2. Taste, but be aware that black wears away quickly on edges, points, and
other wear areas. Some object to the resulting apperance. A black magic
marker solves the problem--for a time. (I hope I haven't offended anyone)
I got the 50 first and use it most, but again, it's a matter of taste or
style.
4. Shop. I have seen M6 prices on these pages many times recently.
Enjoy it when you get it.
Joe Stephenson