Subject: RE: [Leica] Xray machines
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 14:20:41 -0500

In Jan. 93, while going from JFK to Heathrow to Nairobi en route to Somalia,
I too took all my film out of the canisters, packed it into Ziplock bags,
and then used a straw to remove the air from the bag - I did the same thing
with clothing, etc as it compresses what's being packed and creates extra
room in the suite case. Anyway, having the film packed that way made the
inspection process a breeze, and I don't remember what had blown up at
around the time, but I know that at Heathrow they were being particularly
careful/paranoid. :-)