Subject: RE: [Leica] Xray machines
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 15:30:14 -0500

At 02:20 PM 10/27/98 -0500, you wrote:

>inspection process a breeze, and I don't remember what had blown up at
>around the time, but I know that at Heathrow they were being particularly
>careful/paranoid. :-)

Do you mean they allowed you to have the film hand-inspected at Heathrow!
That is one of the few airports in the world where I have never managed to
convince them to hand-inspect.  They have always insisted that the film go
through the x-ray machine.  I pack my film in ziplock bags or Tupperware,
but I also carry lead bags in my carry-on bag so that I can stick the film
in them if they refuse to hand-inspect.  The lead bag shows up as a blob on
the x-ray so they have to open it up and hand-inspect, which is what I
asked for in the first place!

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP