Subject: Re: [Leica] darkroom update...
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 15:19:28 -0500

Guys-
Painting a darkroom dark is not necessary! As long as the light is at the
recommended 4 feet from the enlarger, all the light reflected from the walls
is going to be 'safe' as the walls can reflect only the light from the
safelight- reflected and incident safelight are both 'safe'- also, a light
color paint makes the room seem larger. The only place I would make dark
would be the wall behind the enlarger to discourage stray light from the
lamphouse- I say this because I had an old Testrite enlarger years ago that
leaked light like a sieve! Unless you like small dark places, I'd opt for a
light banana, or mintgreen, or even a misty blue!
Dan
dwpost@msn.com