Subject: Re: [Leica] darkroom demise
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 03:22:30 EST

  Eric:

I have been using computers since 1979 and I still have difficulty considering
them anything but communication tools.  I have been trying to get excited
about digital photography and I just can't.   The good stuff is priced too
high for amateur use and the cameras in the price range of a Leica are
plastic.   State of the art stuff today is outdated next week.  The whole
process is boring and the outcome has a very unappealing hardness to me.  It
is scary where this whole thing may lead.    If I could find an affordable
scanner that would scan 35 & 2-1/4   negatives or transparencies and a printer
that would provide quality high resolution prints I might just take the
plunge.  The key word here is affordable.  Affordable would be $2000 tops for
both pieces.  Of course, I am dreaming aren't I.

Bob Bedwell
<<
 Film is not dead! Long live Leica!
 --