Subject: Re: [Leica] Off Topic B & H photo
From: "Ernest Nitka" <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 17:07:52 -0500

As followup to my grumbling about charging for credit cards for back ordered
items from B and H here is the reply I got back from Mr. Posner:

"It has been our standard practice for several years to charge the whole
order when it's placed. In the vast majority of cases (well past 95%) orders
leave here complete and this procedure allows us to get them out the door
and to our customers 24-36 hours faster.

I cannot say whether or not it's ethical, but rest assured it is most
certainly legal. We would not tempt fate by attempting any proacticew which
would jeopardize our ability to conduct business or to accept a customer's
credit card."

I certainly have no problems determining what I think is ethical even if Mr.
Posner is crippled in this regards.  I called them today and cancelled the
remainder of the order.

I don't want this to become a thread - I've seen Posner and B/H bashed on
the news groups and it generally solves nothing.  I believe Band H is an
example of you get what you pay for and they are at least honest about their
business ethics ( or lack thereof).

Anyway now that I'm on the trail of a reliable mail order film vendor other
than B  and H  any suggestions from the LUG?

Thanks Ernie