Subject: [Leica] Off Topic- Enlarger Problem
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 21:01:01 EST

Dear all,

I hope someone can help me.  I use a Saunders LPL 4500 enlarger.  I am having
a problem where the left hand side of the image (about 20%) is in a different
plane of focus than the rest of the image.  It's off enough that stopping the
lens down does not help.  Is the enlarger out of alignment?  Is it a lens
problem? I use an Apo Rodagon.  I am going a bit nuts trying to figure this
out.  I hope someone has an idea before I invest in an expensive alignment
device that I'm not sure I need.  If I do need one, any recommendations?
Anyone know how to align this enlarger that is supposed to be perfect from the
factory?  HELP!!!!  TIA

Richard Wasserman