Subject: Re: [Leica] LOCAL STORES
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 22:36:09 EST

<< On the other hand,
 when one is making a Leica purchase in the $ 1500 to $3500 range, and the
 discount is the 10-15% you sighted, we're talking about a saving of $150 to
 $525. That's a lot of money. Enough money for someone to forgo the chit chat
 and expertise of the local merchant and deal instead with the assembly line
 sales force at a B&H..... >>

As far as I know, all Leica USA dealers buy at the same price and sell at the
same price.  I don't think B&H even has "grey" Leicas like they do with Nikon.
You have got to be the most unethical scumbag to extract information and
"feel" the goods of a local merchant, then buy mail order, no matter how much
money is at stake.  It's the same as stealing.  No, it's actually worse!!

M2C

Arturo