Subject: Re: [Leica] Use 135mm Anymore?
From: Kekfoto@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 22:40:37 EST

Hi Marc,

If Leitz and Zeiss had the services of Joseph Mihayi, one of Eastman Kodak's
premier photographic apparatus designers (1923-1954) they would not have been
limited to the 135mm for rangefinder use. His Kodak Ektra with its all prism,
split field rangefinder on a 4 1/8" base length permits me to focus my 153mm
f4.5 Telephoto Ektar accurately and I might add quicker than I can with the
superimposed image rangefinders of my several Leica and Contax cameras. And
what other overseas telephoto of this type (C1941-48) could focus to less than
Five Feet! Mihalyi's rangefinder was also calibrated for a forthcoming, but
for the war, 254mm f4.5 Telephoto Ektar! Oh! yes. He was responsible for the
Super Kodak Six-20, the Kodak Medalist and the Kodak Bantam Special, (no,
Teague followed with the body design) and the M-10 AA rangefinder & fire
control for which he received a Presidential Citation.

                                       Kirk

                                Kirk