Subject: Re: [Leica] Off topic, B&H Foton
From: Kekfoto@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 23:09:21 EST

Hi David,

I don't use my Foton as much as I used to, after I acquired several Robot
cameras.

As you know this was Bell & Howell product introduced in 1948 at a price of
$700 with a Lifetime Warranty! Besides the normal 50mm lens the only other
Foton Lenses from B&H were a 4" and 6" Cooke Amatol Telephoto lenses. An
accessory "twin" finder was available which incidentally retained the "hot
shoe" feature. I was shooting B&W at the time with self-processing and the
images as I recall were fine. Somewhere I have an enlarged sequence of car
racing action at Road America. If the lens stops look different, it is because
they are T-stops as in the motion picture equipment where B&H was a prime
presence.

                Kirk