Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica 80-200/4 R
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 20:56:18 -0600

>Interesting. I didn't know it was made by Kyocera.  Physically I wonder how
>it compares to the Zeiss 80-200/4, a lens I've been considering. Could it
>be that the glass,  formulation, and construction are very similar and that
>only the multi-coating differs significantly.

No. Leica has stated this lens is a Leica design. It's not the same lens as
the Kyocera Zeiss lens. This question came up when it was introduced. (Same
with the 35-70 f/4).
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

It is of interest to note that while some dolphins are reported to have
learned English...no human being has been reported to have learned
dolphinese.

Carl Sagan