Subject: Re: [Leica] Backorders
From: Ken Iisaka <kiisaka@ms.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 14:33:55 +0900

ROBERT FARR wrote:

> The M4-P is great, and thanks for the advice, I'm very happy with this
> model. I found a 35/2, but I've only got two rolls through it so far,
> and none of my own B&W yet. There is a very slight vertical misaligment
> in the focusing patch. Annoying, but not disabling.. I'll send it out
> soon for repair. The winder is great!

If you consider adept at using a screwdriver, the fix is very simple.
Remove the screw between the rangefinder window and the illumination
window, where there would be a red dot on an M6.  You will find another
screw inside, which you can rotate one way or other to adjust the vertical
alignment.  Be careful though, you should not rotate more than a few
degress at a time.

I find that a bright start at night is the best reference for this kind of
work.

You can also perform the horizontal adjustment by rotating the screw inside
the roller.  Again, it only takes a very small amount of turn to make a big
adjustment.

If the vertical alignment is different at different distances, you
definitely need to bring it in for a repair.

Be sure to check the alignment again a few days later.

Did I just make a few enemies?