Subject: Re: [Leica] Xray machines: 120 film
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 22:25:19 -0800

Khoffberg wrote:

> Dennis
>
> I took E100S and Velvia.  In both cases, they were out of the boxes but in
> the foil.  I handed it to the person and told them it was professional film
> and that was the end of it.  Airports were SFO, Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart,
> and back.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Kevin Hoffberg

Kevin,

Helps a lot!  It's factual experience about their reaction to the 120
film in the foil wrap.  35mm I know but this will be my first trip with
120. My plan is to ship it back to the lab via fedex after its exposed
to avoid the hassle of xrays on the way back and to get it processed in
a timely manner after exposure.

This will be my first approach to the inspection issue, if they want to
xray it I guess I'll toss it into one of those lead foil bags that Tina
mentioned.

Dennis