Subject: [Leica] Re: LOCAL STORES
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 13:19:12 -700

On 30 Oct 98, AJSymi@aol.com wrote, at least in part:

> Yes BD, age-old proverbs from just about every culture has
this practice

> as a no-no.  Worse because you have led someone down the
path of "sale"

> and in fact they might have "sold" you on a product, then you
go somewhere

> else?

How about a hypothetical, Arturo? (Sounds like early George
Carlin's "Hey Fadder, What if...", doesn't it?)

Let's say I have two 'local' dealers nearby. I shop them both for
the best deal, at the same time engaging both in conversation
and gleaning certain good info from both. Both have the identical
item in which I'm interested and both are new and/or in identical
used condition. Assuming there is a price difference and I buy
from the lowest priced dealer, have I led the dealer that I did not
buy from "down the path of 'sale'" and, in fact, treated him
poorly?

Not in my book! It's called business, Arturo. Welcome to free
enterprise (well, fairly free), and capitalism.

<nofill>
- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org