Subject: Re: [Leica] MO Dealers
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 22:32:43 -0500

At 05:27 PM 1998-10-30 -0700, Bob Maxey with grand pomposity wrote:
>All mail order dealers must ship or refund within 30 days except for
>special situations. That is the Law. It is a federal law and not up to the
>whim of the company.
>
>BTW: anyone here know what a virtually new Goerz 75mm Hypergon with the
>Fan, a fitted wooden box and documentation, in stunning and perfect working
>order is worth?

Two points, two responses.

First, what is this mysterious Federal Law?  Do you have a citation for it?
  I am uncertain how it would apply and when, but I will cheerfully
research it if you will advise me of its precise citation so I can find it.

Second, the price of the Hypergon is determined by McKeown's Law.
Nishizawa was looking for one some years back but couldn't find one at any
price.  A year later, they were selling for $50 or so.  It simply depends
on supply and demand.  $150 for a "new" one might be reasonable, if there
isn't any demand at all for one.  (And those who believe Rare Collectables
are worth a lot should look at the EXTREMELY disappointing results from the
last four or five international auctions:  kiddies, the market is DEAD
right now.)

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!