Subject: Re: [Leica] 50/1:2 Summitar and 50/1:2 Summar
From: Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@mail.wm.edu>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 09:58:28 -0500

I've recently been scanning Kodachrome transparencies (dating back to the
'70s), nearly all of which I shot using the Summitar on a IIIf.  I am
consistently amazed and pleased by the results in terms of saturation,
sharpness, contrast, and edge clarity at most apertures.  It's really quite
an experience moving through an image under high magnification in Photoshop
5.  I sold my Summarit to Don Bledso about a year ago and kept the
collapsible Summicron.  I now regret it.

Please, Don, can I have it back?

Chandos

At 03:49 PM 10/31/98 +0100, you wrote:
>I'm toying with the idea of getting a IIIa or IIIc.  Can anyone comment
>on the optical properties of the 5cm Summitar?  I would also like to
>hear comments on the 5cm Summar.
>

>Regards,
>
>M.
>
>--
>Martin V. Howard, Application Systems Laboratory,     |
>Dept. of Comp. & Info. Sci., Linkoping University,    | Just "DOHH" it!
>SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.  Tel +46 13 282 421,     +----------------+
>Fax +46 13 142 231; marho@ida.liu.se; www.ida.liu.se/~marho

Chandos Michael Brown
Assoc. Prof., History and American Studies
College of William and Mary

http://www.resnet.wm.edu/~cmbrow/