Subject: [Leica] Projection screen criteria for slides made with a Leica
From: "Dr James Harper" <DRJH@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 19:44:20 -0000

I want to simplify the process of viewing (Leica) slides at home.
Collapsible screens are fine, but the hassle of erecting them and moving
the furniture (often minor, I concede)  can be a disincentive to some.  A
semi-permanent set-up would be very acceptable.

One obvious solution is to fit to the wall a folding screen which you pull
down when needed.  Another could  be  to paint the wall.  This is where I
would be grateful for comments and advice from anyone who has tried this
potentially  anti-social solution.   Not everyone wants one wall  (or part
of it) in their living-room to be white.

Assuming that paint is used:

	a]  What version of white should it be?  Modern paint catalogues show
forms of 	white ranging from snow to dairy cream.  This is not meant to be
a silly 	question.  Some screens are in silver after all.

	b]  What finish works best?  I personally find screens with a beaded
finish too 	bright  for those sitting in the centre, and too dim for those
at the sides. So 	perhaps a matt finish?

All offerings gratefully received.

Regards.

JH