Subject: [Leica] Slide Projection/camera cases
From: "Dr James Harper" <DRJH@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 19:49:53 -0000

Slide projection  seems to crop up rarely.  I am not sure if that is
because it is a dying way of enjoying the  glory of a Leica slide, or that
no-one has any technical problems with it.

I would be very interested to know from those who are still projecting
colour slides what your latest thoughts and experience are on the best
equipment for doing so.  Is it still Leica? If so, which equipment?  If
not, what are you using, and what do you think of it?

I still use a Leitz CA2500, which to my eyes looks  optically excellent.
But it occasionally jams. This seems to be because the mechanism puts a
slide into the projector, but does not extract it.  Instead it emerges
empty, and then puts the next slide in behind (or possibly in front of) the
first, thus jamming the projector.  My suggested explanation may be quite
wrong, but there is no doubt about the jamming.

I know the answer which says "Get it checked out."   I will do that if
necessary.  But I wonder if the problem may be related to the fact that the
CA2500 was designed in the days when slides were much fatter.  Perhaps the
modern thin slides are responsible? Has anyone else had this experience?

All offerings gratefully received, especially from anyone using a CA2500.

On a quite different subject, and simply  in order to share information for
anyone who may find it useful,  the latest Lowepro catalogue includes a
shoulder or waist case for the Leica (inter alia).  The description reads:

   "It may look small, but the Santa Cruz is ideal for some of today's
larger 'compact' cameras or a small Leica or Contax rangefinder system."
Size is  (inches/cms) W8/20, D3.5/9, H5/13."

JH