Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W Film
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 21:01:01 EST

Bill, You might already be in Chicago and not get this, but I like the Neopan
1600 by Fuji. Has a Tri-X quality to it and less "fiddly" to develop. I have
used just about every developer made and tested it. At the moment I am using
D-76 straight for 6 min at 68 F. The important thing here is to "PREWASH" the
film for 4 minutes in plain water. The higher speed films tend to have a
antihalation layer that slows down processing. The prewash removese this. Negs
come out very nice and easy to print with #2 - 2,5 filter. I have pulled
16x20's from this combination and gotten good results.
Good shooting,
Tom A