Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W film-Newbie questions
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 06:26:25 +0000

>I read with interest comments on B&W film and development, and have a
>large backlog of postings on this subject.  I haven't heard anyone
>comment on Kodak's Plus-X 125 asa, tho I have heard lots about Delta 100,
>and APX 25.  Anyone care to comment?
>
>I just souped 2 rolls in TMax and the negatives look to me fine grained,
>but more contrasty than Delta 100.  Is Plus-X akin to Tri-X in grain
>structure?
>
>MK

If I recall correctly Plus X and Tri X has the traditional grain structure.
 The T-Max and Deltas have improved and finer grain structure.

I do not think Plus X is anything too inferior. However, I prefer Ilford
films because I am now more accustomed to them. I know what they can do for
me and how much pushing and pulling I can achieve with them.   Ilford pays
more attention to the B&W user market and supports it well. Anyone who has
used Ilford's very convenient concentrated liquid developers and fixers
will be reluctant to move back to mixing those dusty (choky) powdered
stuffs.

Dan K.