Subject: Re: [Leica] M-Rokkor 28mm How does it compared to the Leitz product?
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 11:11:54 EST

To which 28 Elmarit-M are you referring, there being four generations?
The last two versions (E49 and E46 filter threads) are quite superb
lenses, with the E46 (current) version having an almost imperceptible
improvement at f2.8, but its primary advantage IMHO is its more compact
dimension.  I've known colleagues who used the CLE with its propiretary
28mm lens and they found it to be rather nice.  If it were me I believe I
would shoot some with both lenses and decide basen upon my own
perceptions.  I'm sure the CLE 28 would hold its own against the two
earlier M's.

Regards,
Nigel

On Thu, 05 Nov 1998 15:50:32 +0100 Mike Dembinski <mdembin@it.com.pl>
writes:
>And on the subject: Just how much better is the 28mm Elmarit-M
>compared to the
>M-Rokkor 28mm f2.8 built for the CLE?
>
>Mike

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]