Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V4 #36
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 19:47:48 EST

I was always under the impression that the CLs (Leica and "Leitz
Minolta") were identical except for the badging, and that the main
drawback was the short-base rangefinder and the camming of the lenses.
The *pure*-Minolta model was the CLE. It partially improved those
shortcomings plus added a swing-open back , auto-exposure...and TTL flash
with a small, dedicated strobe (which only took Leica 20 more years to
decide was such a good idea they simply *had* to redesign the M6 for it).

Regards,
Nigel

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998 16:36:50 -0700 Bob_Maxey@mtn.3com.com writes:

>True, I never bought the Minolta CL for my use. I did buy one for a
>gift,
>but I gave them Leica optics. Incidentally, in all fairness to the
>Minolta
>version, we tested in seriously, and it was not a bad camera. I still
>use
>my CL as well as my Minox 35...both great cameras. We sold a number of
>them
>to people who owned Leica cameras.
>
>Bob

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]