Subject: [Leica] LUG bug
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 07:04:50 +1100

)))))))))))))))))))
(And this is the first time I have EVER purchased a Leica lens new, and the
freight is frightening.  I will have to await the day when I can find a
2/90 APO ASPH used!)
(((((((((((((((((((

Marc,

One of the nice things about Leica and Rollei [I thought] was that I would
never have to buy new gear, but rather would "hunt" out used bargains. Yet
early this year I ended up with a new R8. Now admittedly the Japanese
"price was right", but it was not like me. Oh dear, I thought at the time,
I'm now working to support a habit ;-)

Then comes this latest revelation. Marc Small delves into things new and
shiny. It is not us, but the company itself who should give Brian an M6,
given that he has infected over 600 world wide with the LUG bug !!!
Speaking of which, I hope my donation can be made in 10 days when I hit the
east coast ;-)

Cheers

Alastair Firkin,