Subject: Re: [Leica] PJ800
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 21:04:22 -0600

At 09:44 PM 11/5/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Maybe I'm showing my ignorence of scanning BUT...can't you correct for a
>blue "cast" by setting up a scanning channel for each type of film you
>use(much like you use for color printing)? I wouldn't expect every negative
>to scan the same...

Yes, but you have to get the information from Kodak. I don't have a
transmission densitometer and a way to program the Kodak scanner to any
film but what's available. Guess it's time to visit the Kodak website and
see if there's an update.

Even so, a blue bias can cause problems correcting other colors. A films
bias can't be easily corrected in a production environment.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

They have what is rare in still photography - the mobility of film, motion,
evanescence, fluidity...your camera has a thousand eyes which are directed
by love and feeling.

- -Anias Nin