Subject: [Leica] M/R Lens similarities
From: "Greg Bicket" <GBicket@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 05:49:49 -0700

Hi Eric,

I think you are correct about the absence of the Noctilux in the R line.
The 80mm Summilux R is a great lens, but a handful to focus correctly at
f1.4, and it takes experience to know where the area of sharp focus is going
to fall onto film.

Back to M and R lens similarities, I understand there is another very
similar "cousin" in the 50mm Summicrons, this according to Erwin, as I am an
R--ficionado.  Uh, devoutly R--ligious?

PS:  This will reveal a pRefeRence, but the real way to "reveal Leica lens
capabilities" is to lock the mirror up!

\8-)

Enjoy the light.

Greg Bicket