Subject: [Leica] Re: An unpleasant print mention
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 15:06:47 -0000

I've got to disagree with Fred Ward when he describes the Dirck
Halstead article "Let's Start By Killing the Leica Collectors" as
"worth reading". I downloaded it expecting to read a light-hearted
gibe at collectors, but found what seemed to me to be a bitter,
hate-filled diatribe. I hope that it represents some form of US "black
humour" which I as a European am apparently unable to comprehend, but
to me it is the most tasteless and offensive piece of writing I have
read in recent years. Mr Halstead may dislike collectors who are
prepared to pay high prices for equipment, but that dislike does not
give him licence to attack them with such verbal abuse.

Regards,

Doug Richardson