Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 1998 09:17:46 -0600

>Leica has no exclusive lock on any
>segment - low light - portraits or any other aspect.  Right now, I do believe
>that several of the M lenses are the best available.

Leica doesn't have a lock on low light, but when photojournalists
specialize in documentary photography, and want to shoot a lot of low
light, you'd be surprised how many choose the M6. I am continually amazed
that the people I run into that say they use the M6 for that.

So, who can compete, in terms of ease of use, reliability and focusing
accuracy in low light? I don't think there is a camera out there, not even
the R8. (That is, taking into consideration the lenses).

And there are several R lenses that are the best available as well.

But that is not to denigrate other camera makers. Let's be clear. We're
talking degrees of difference, no?
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO