Subject: [Leica] Super-Angulon-R 1:3.4 21mm and R-6
From: "Jack F. Matlock" <jfmatlo@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 13:26:40 -0500

I have just acquired the Super-Angulon-R f:3.4 21mm (the one
originally built for the Leicaflex I with the mirror up).  Some
references (e.g., Leica R Compendium) state that it can be used
with no other camera.

However, I have been told that it can be used with the R-6 (with
the mirror up, of course, and no metering).  Does anyone know
for sure if this is the case?  I realize I have to use a
separate viewfinder, focus by the scale, and meter separately,
but I do not want to try to mount the lens on my R-6 unless I am
sure that it will do no damage to the camera.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Jack