Subject: [Leica] The M-6 Titanium
From: "Jack F. Matlock" <jfmatlo@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 12:50:06 -0500

Do any LUGgers have extensive experience with the M-6 Titanium
and the other M-6 models -- enough, that is to provide some
guidance as to whether the extra cost of the Ti model results in
any practical benefits:  e.g., greater durability, more
resistance to scratching or nicking?  Ditto the Ti lenses?

I am a user, not a collector, and therefore am reluctant to buy
the Ti model unless it has at least some practical advantages
over the chrome and black (both of which I own).  At the same
time, I am aware that, since presumably fewer Ti models were
made than the others, the used value may hold up, and perhaps
even appreciate.  This is not the main reason I buy a camera
(or, for that matter, a car), but it is a relevant
consideration.  Any thoughts?

Finally -- I see from Don Bledsoe's message that he obtained
production figures for the M-6 0.85 from Leica.  Has Leica
divulged any other production figures for discontinued recennt
models of cameras or lenses?  If so, they would be very
interesting to contemplate as we try to judge fair prices on the
used market.

Jack