Subject: Re: [Leica] APO_Telyt 3,4/135 report (not for the weak of heart)
From: "Boreham" <boreham@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 06:58:16 -0000

Erwin, Thanks for another great report.... confirming my worst fears!
Can I ask a couple of points of clarification please.

(1)  Describing the T-E you said :-

> bit more. This performance holds from infinity to 3 meters. Centering is

This certainly confirms my experience with the T-E.  In the close range,
less than 3 meters (full face), it doesn't have the fine detail capability
of my 90 elmarit, current type. Question, does the A-T hold its performance
in the close range?

(2) I mostly use black and white.  Are the A-T benefits as relevant with
black and white? Isn't APO something to do with how it handles different
colours.?

I would also be interested to hear your answer to N B Watsons post about
whether the T-E was improved during its long life.

Thanks in advance

Mike Boreham