Subject: Re: [Leica] HELP! Marks on glass
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 21:01:13 EST

Martin, What you have are decemented elements. The elements are slightly
popped from each other and the concentric circles are similar to inference
pattern ( i think thats the term for it ) similar to Newton rings in your
glass carrier in your enlarger. It can be fixed, I have a friend here in
Vancouver who can do it. He disassembles the lens and recements the elements.
Looks great too. A fellow Leica shooter from Bellingham, Wash.( 70 km south of
Vancouver) just gave my friend his Summicron 50 yesterday and Gary quoted $ 40
(Canadian) for the job. Let me know if you want to ship the lens to me for the
service, or i can get you in touch with Gary Cullen directly.
All the best from Vancouver,
Tom A