Subject: [Leica] Meter and Flash?
From: jxh28@po.CWRU.Edu (Jiunn-Jye Hwang)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 12:03:52 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

	I'm planning to buy a meter and flash for my Leica M4 and
other cameras. Hoping all LUGers can give me some suggestions.

1, Meter: I have two models in mind.
	Sekonic L-408 and Minolta Auto Meter IVF.

2, Flash: I'm thinking about Metz 40 Mz 2/3,
	In Jonathan Eastland's Leica M Compendium, he mentioned
	that "The M4 uses a stsndard 3mm socket connection and
	can be used with the Metz 40 Mz2 with standard or coiled
	off-camera extension lead". What does that mean? I don't
	think I need to worry about TTL function. Apparently, all
	M models except M6-TTL don't have this function. Manual
	operation is enough for M4, I think. I chose Metz 40 Mz2/3
	because it only needs to change SCA modules to work with
	Leica, Nikon and Hasselblad.

Another item I'm planning to buy is footswitch. That is about
darkroom. I use Saunders 670 CXL enlarger and Schneider 50/2.8
and 80/4.0 lenses for B&W printing. There are three models I
found from B&H catalog: Gralab, Time-O-Lite and Ilford. I don't
have digital timer. Can they work with enlarger directly? Has
anyone ever used Ilford EM-10 exposure monitor?

	Thank you all in advance.

- --
Jiunn-Jye Hwang		Website: http://chemwww.cwru.edu/~hwang/
Department Of Chemistry