Subject: Re: [Leica] Meter and Flash?
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 13:02:16 EST

I can highly recommend the L-408 meter.  I have one and love it.  It is
supposedly weather-sealed as well.  I keep mine on a lanyard clipped to
the hanging snap on my photo vest...that way it has never hit the ground.

As to the flash, I can see your use for the Metz for multi-camera
dedication.  The 40-MZ2/3 have functions well beyond the necessity of an
M4, so otherwise it is a bit of an overkill.  I like the Sunpak 383 Super
generally, and the Vivitar 283/285 series (although a bit
topheavy-looking on an M) because you can take the flash off camera *but*
the sensor remains in the hot-shoe close to the lens axis..."almost" like
TTL!

Regards,
NIgel

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998 12:03:52 -0500 (EST) jxh28@po.CWRU.Edu (Jiunn-Jye
Hwang) writes:
>Hi,
>
>	I'm planning to buy a meter and flash for my Leica M4 and
>other cameras. Hoping all LUGers can give me some suggestions.
>
>1, Meter: I have two models in mind.
>	Sekonic L-408 and Minolta Auto Meter IVF.
>
>2, Flash: I'm thinking about Metz 40 Mz 2/3,
>	In Jonathan Eastland's Leica M Compendium, he mentioned
>	that "The M4 uses a stsndard 3mm socket connection and
>	can be used with the Metz 40 Mz2 with standard or coiled
>	off-camera extension lead". What does that mean? I don't
>	think I need to worry about TTL function. Apparently, all
>	M models except M6-TTL don't have this function. Manual
>	operation is enough for M4, I think. I chose Metz 40 Mz2/3
>	because it only needs to change SCA modules to work with
>	Leica, Nikon and Hasselblad.
>
>Another item I'm planning to buy is footswitch. That is about
>darkroom. I use Saunders 670 CXL enlarger and Schneider 50/2.8
>and 80/4.0 lenses for B&W printing. There are three models I
>found from B&H catalog: Gralab, Time-O-Lite and Ilford. I don't
>have digital timer. Can they work with enlarger directly? Has
>anyone ever used Ilford EM-10 exposure monitor?
>
>	Thank you all in advance.
>

>--
>Jiunn-Jye Hwang		Website:
>http://chemwww.cwru.edu/~hwang/
>Department Of Chemistry
>Case Western Reserve University
>Cleveland OH 44106

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]