Subject: Re: [Leica] Missing digest bits READ THIS
From: "Noel H. Charchuk" <nhcharch@calcna.ab.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 09:08:25 -0700 (MST)

Regarding Charles forwarding of Brian's analysis of the winmail.dat files
corrupting the digest, there is only one or two continuous offenders that
for some reason cannot get rid of the winmail trash that some e-mail
programs insist in attaching. If you are doing this, and can't figure out
how to turn it off, switch to a simpler e-mail package, the same goes for
those programs that insist in attaching all the HTML tags to the messages.
I don't think our mailer program is particularly happy with programs such
as Outlook or similar, as it is a much simpler communication package.
It gets a bit frustrating trying to read though screens of winmail.dat, or
HTML tags to get to the core of a posting.
And as it appears that these types of programs are causing the digest
users to lose portions of the digest, it is not fair to those
subscribers. It also causes me to wonder what has occured to the
actual digest files, are they affected, and therefor missing
information, or is it only on the receiving end when you have a digest
sent to you that the truncation occurs. If winmail has corrupted the
actual digests, that is certainly a loss to us all as well.
Just my thoughts
Noel Charchuk