Subject: [Leica] Finally.....Leica zoom for me.
From: "James Burris" <jabu@direct.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 09:16:48 -0800

Hey all,

After suffering many nights being haunted by a mid-range zoom obsession,
I've finally broken down and picked up a 35-70 f4 ASPH.  (Sorry Ted, I was
looking for the f3.5 version but I got a good deal.)  I have only shot one
roll with it on a overcast, dreary afternoon - hardly Leica fodder, but I
have to admit, it is the nicest balancing and feeling zoom I've ever
handled.  I can see why Ted was suggesting two different gripping surfaces
for the zoom and focus rings though.  In my one roll there was definitely
one picture that had the Leica glow to it, so needless to say I'm excited.

Anyways, to all the others out there that are curious about this little gem,
feel free to e-mail me and I'll pass on my impressions as I get the chance
to shoot more and more film with it.

Regards,

James Burris