Subject: Re: [Leica] New Vario-Elmarit-R 35-70 f2.8 Asph. macro setting
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 00:45:27 EST

Ted wrote:

<< I guess you could ask why they didn't make the 70-180 2.8 a 50 - 250 f2? :)

 I think maybe they didn't have long enough lathe equipment to make the lens
 barrels the extra few MM. :)

 Actually the only person/people who could answer your question with the
 utmost of truth would be at the Leica head office. Why not try them.

Ted, I only asked because it seems other manufacturers are getting away from
35-70 for 28-70.  But Leica, being Leica, often won't sacrifice image quality.
Maybe a "conservative" zoom range (at fixed f2.8) diminishes some at 28mm??
Cheers,
Arturo