Subject: [Leica] Re: New all time low... [but NO Leica content]
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 08:27:52 -700

On 13 Nov 98, Paul R. Schiemer wrote, at least in part:

<snip>

> 'Tis far better to ignore than to allow ignorance to get the better of
> you. exactly 2 cents worth and nothing else.

While the tenor of your post is agreeable to me, at least, Paul, I
would caution you to not mix newsgroups and mailing lists. Much
of what you said applies best, if not wholly to newsgroups.

This is a dedicated mailing list and, as such, the listowner/admin
has, and should have, complete and absolute power. Total list
shut down is not an inevitable consequence; selective removal
from the list is.

Ignoring is fine, and all of us with a 'topical obsession' practice it,
knowing that, as you said, we *will* stray occasionally and that it
usually rights itself shortly. When it doesn't, continued ignoring
becomes impossible for some of us (me).

I did, however, voice my complaint to the participants via private
email. Would that all might have.
- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

     I am Pentium of Borg, division is futile, you will be approximated.