Subject: [Leica] Re: [Off topic] Leica Calendar and NEW CATALOGUE
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 19:14:58 -700

On 13 Nov 98, Francesco wrote, at least in part:

> It may be a cliche, Eric, but unfortunately, all too true.....

Nope, Francesco, not true at all. The U.S. is heading, pel mel,
down the road of "enlightened sexuality" that the rest of the
developed nations have long ago adopted, much to my chagrin!

I, for one, am glad to have done most of my living and loving in an
era when the U.S. had a moral and ethical imperative that was
truly unique. Yeah, I know, there were lots of exceptions, but on
balance...

I also recognize that this thread is now quite off topic, and, that I
am one of the perpetrators, so will not post again on this thread.
Damn, there goes my credibility...again!
- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

     Thought for the day: