Subject: Re: [Leica] SOFTLY RELEASE YOURSELF
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 13:06:34 EST

Yes, I agree with you.  Any good Japanese kitchen appliance manufacturer could
make the M6 winder better and cheaper than the one Leica makes.  It should
sell for $39.95, not $850.  (incidentally, in my opinion, the R8 winder is not
much better)    I applaud Tom Abrahamsson for committing to making a quality
product with his RapidWinder.  The quality of the one that I own is as good as
the camera it attaches to...an M6.  I love the smoothness, quietness, balance
and the speed that it brings to the camera.  A real pleasure to use.  I would
only make two suggestions for improvement.  (a.) Make the lever easier to get
hold of and pull from the base of the winder.   I keep my fingernails trimmed
pretty close and have difficulty pulling the lever down from it's resting
place  (b.) Work on making the locking mechanism a little more secure.
Although the RapidWinder has never come loose from the base of the camera I
have noticed that the lock has moved from its original locking position.
Neither one of these are major issue.  Thank God I don't have to deal with
that noisy and bulky M6 winder anymore.

Bob Bedwell

<<
 R.e the price of the Abrahamson (sp?) release buttons : look at the
 m4-2-M6 rapid winder!!  ("leicavit")  -- you can buy a NEW, CURRENT
 motor in the most expensie salon store CHEAPER!!!  Any good japanese
 kitchen appliance manufacturer could make a good one for $39.95 retail.