Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: R problems
From: "Silvia U. LuDo" <ohgeorg@mozcom.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 18:35:33 +0800

>Now, 45 days later, I can only tell that there is still some play on the
>lens mount (but I feel assured since the Leica info department has told
>me this is normal and will have no negative impact on the images).
>Also, the "crack" on the right side of the back is still there, so I
>guess I'll have to live with it. This is maybe not a big deal but
>something that shouldn't happen on such an expensive camera (the first R8
>did not have it).
>And as far as the "cut off feet" are concerned, I have not noticed a
>major difference. I took a test on a tripod (as I had done before), and
>saw a slight difference but there is still some cutoff. I guess I'll have
>to live with it as well and take this into account when actually taking
>pictures.
>
>Pascal

dear luggers,

I have an EOS1n for almost 2 years now... Goes thru 150-200 rolls of film a
year. Some in rain, others in muddy fields, etc... but to date, knock on
wood, I have no problems with it!! I make a living out of it was well and i
just can't afford a camera to break down on me like that esp. when we I
can't find parts for it when it does breakdown!

At the rate that the R8 is having problems or heard problems, I'd be
hesitant to invest in one.. Maybe R7 would be less head ache-I have yet to
hear one break down... I think Jim can even attest to this.

Although I own 2 M6's and a 3 other summicrons--knock on wood, they have
performed like a beauty. Although the 1st M6 I got immediately had a faulty
frame counter out of the box. After having a replacment, things have been
good !!

I hope leica does more r&d/improve reliability in their R8's. To date back
in my hometown, I have heard 2 owners developing problems with their R8's
and they are really pissed about it considering they spent a good fortune
on it.

All the best to Leica,

Ferdinand