Subject: Re: [Leica] Heresy is fun!
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 10:55:17 -0600 (CST)

Well, Dan I appreciate that.
Unfortunately, I gave up repair for religeous reasons.  Unfortunately,
I kept a small toolbox (since my wife and I still have a drawer full
of cameras and lenses) and Will, of course knows this.  Please don't
tell anyone else.  Hehehe.  Actually, camera repair is something that
one SHOULD do every day, or not at all. I maintain an instructional
lab and teach a little studio photography (NOT leica....)  but do very
little actual "camera" repair.  It's been 8-10 years since I did it
regularly, and 15 or so since it was daily.  I realize that your post
was a bit humorous, but I really don't trust myself as I once did.
I have my little plastic box of "vital" parts (advance clutch, rewind
parts, idler gear (the one that dies) etc.) but I even have to deal
with Leica onesy-twosy if I need anything else.  They're very helpful,
but jeez- the parts prices!!

I enjoyed it at one time, but as Will can verify, I had WAY too many
irons in the fire.  My "real" jobs (lab supervisor, part time
instructor) get in the way of my hobbies, dammit.

By the way, I'd love to wrestle a rattlesnake or two, but it's more
like S.E. Texas oilfield trash, to get the demographics straight.  After
I was exiled from the family (damn Klan just didn't understand me
playing in a blues band)  I moved to North Texas with my head hanging
in shame.  Those M cameras do hold up pretty well in the swamp with
the gators, tho........

CU,
WaltOn