Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux
From: dcoliva@jura.dsnet.it (Daniele Coliva)
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 10:05:47 GMT

On Sun, 15 Nov 1998 22:43:04 EST, you wrote:

>Nola in DC. I used no flash to the amazement of my buddies. Several of them
>used flash (two of them are avid photographers) with the predictable results.
>My shots, however, maintained the atmosphere of the room and the evening. They
>are simple photos taken for us and our memories, but they are also delightful
>to look at - there is so much more there than flash shots convey.

You're perfectly right. I've realized that the Noctilux allows not
only  shooting in critical light conditions, but also capturing a more
natural expression, without the intrusion of flashlight. You can catch
the "magic" moment without spoiling the expression.

My little son (2yo) seems particularly fond of available light
photography: when I have the camera in my hands he keeps telling me
"no lampo" (no flash) :-). The only problem with him is focusing, he
never keeps still!

Daniele
dcoliva@jura.dsnet.it
Bologna