Subject: [Leica] Noctilux
From: dcoliva@jura.dsnet.it (Daniele Coliva)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 13:15:16 GMT

Dear LUGgers,

I'm quite new to the list, and I've mostly been reading and enjoying
the messages (not to mention learning).

I bought my first M6 last August, and it impressed me beyond any
expectancy from the first roll.

The posts concerning the Noctilux have always amazed me and made me
curious: how could a lens deserve such comments?

Well, now I know, and I have so much impressed, that I wanted to share
my feelings with the list, knowing that here I'd find understanding
fellows.

I had a Noctilux to try during last weekend, and I shot 4 rolls: Fuji
press 800 ISO, Fuji NPH 400, and two T400CN.

What bewildered me, apart from the capability to happily shoot in low
light, has been color rendition in artificial light. I took the camera
at a dinner at my brother's place and shot around with the Fuji800.
Well, except from a VERY slight yellowish dominant colours are so
natural that some pictures seem to have been taken in daylight!

When I got the photos back from the lab I was stunned and speechless!
Unfortunately somebody else was quicker (and wealthier :-)) than me
and got that lens before I could see the results.

My mind now is clear: the next used Noctilux that gets into my
dealer's place will be mine!

I hope not ta have bored you members, but it's been such a great
experience that I had to share with somebody who I knew would
understand!

Regards,

Daniele Coliva
Bologna, Italia